- Chapter 2: My townIn this chapter, you are going to review how to give directions and locations words.
- Chapter 3: Everyday LIfeIn this chapter, you are going to review daily activities with verbs, relationals, and time expressions such as "today" and "last year."
- Chapter 4: Weather & ClimateIn this chapter, you are going to review adjectives and their conjugation. New topics to be covered are: Comparative & superlative sentences, expressing reasonings, giving orders, sharing conjectures. At the end of the chapter, you are going to be albe to give a presentation of wheather forecast using appropriate vocabulary and expressions.
- Chapter 5: Hobbies & Leisure ActivitiesIn this chapter, you are going to review how to express your likes/dislikes, what you are good at and bad at, and what you can do and can not. You are also going to learn how to talk about your family using complex sentence patterns such as relative clauses. At the end of the chapter, you will be able to have an interesting conversation with your classmates about your and their family.
- Chapter 6: FoodIn this chapter, you are going to learn how to express your experience, what you want, what other people want, what you think, your future plans and more. You will also see many vocabulary words that you would use when you cook and buy food. This is a fun chapter where you get to cook and eat. You will be in a group to present a cooking demonstration. It will be like a short cooking show where you show how to make the dish of your choice and serve it to your classmates.
- Chapter 7: ShoppingIn this chapter, you are going to learn how to express events happened at a certain point in time and tell someone what other poeple said or heard. You will also review sentence structures that you use when you wear or buy some clothes. After you finish this chapter, you are more than ready to travel in Japan. You will have a lot of fun eating tasty Japanese food and shopping cool and cute Japanese products! "Nihon ni Itte rasshai!"
- 19 January - 25 January
Finish Ch. 4. Review booklet will be given this week.
-vocab. quiz on p. 282 on Tuesday.
-Ch. 4 test is on Feb. 5
-Video project is due on Feb. 12